Sunday 10 December 2006

About this blog...

There are various reasons for wanting to start this blog. The biggest is that the subject of the church is something I have been particularly struggling and studying with for a number of years. The church today in the UK is struggling, and my conviction is that part of the problem is that we need to rediscover what God wants us to be as church.

I am a lay preacher, though I'm not preaching much at the moment, and it's time to do some serious study and thinking. Hopefully other people may find this useful, and could have some useful comments, but if all it becomes is a way of storing ideas that will be used in future sermons then that is okay.

I think this is something that God has put it on my heart to do, and the best way of testing that is to get out and do.

No comments: